Tuesday, May 12, 2015

InDesign Videos for Portfolio

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/make-it-with-creative-cloud/creating-a-portfolio-for-print-pdf-and-the-ipad/

This video was most helpful for setting up my document. It also gave a brief reminder as to how to change the background color and insert text, which is always a good thing to remember. Another part of it also showed how to create identically sized frames to place photos inside.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/make-it-with-creative-cloud/adding-your-work-to-an-indesign-portfolio/

This video showed how to insert pictures into the document and how to make them fit inside the frames we already created. You can use the space bar to change the space between the pictures, but they will keep an equal distance between them. It is very informative on how to insert text that will fit the page and still look professional.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/make-it-with-creative-cloud/publishing-print-and-interactive-pdf-portfolio/

This video showed me how to add hyperlinks and such to my portfolio so that I can make it interactive. It was another way to make your portfolio interesting.

What challenges did you encounter while creating your portolio and how did you over come them?

While creating my portfolio, I did end up encountering a few problems. I struggled a little bit with where and how to place things on the pages. There were multiple times were I got frustrated and needed to take a break. I have learned that these programs don't come easy to me and that I need to keep practicing. Eventually, I got a little better with keystrokes and such which really made things easier.

What do you think of your finished portfolio?

For now, I'm satisfied with the way my portfolio turned out. There are still many things that I want to fix up and potentially change for the future, but I'm proud of what I was able to do with the little background I had with the InDesign program. I know that I need better quality photos for my actual portfolio and that I need to add more things, such as an artist statement and teaching philosophy, but that will all get fixed by the end of next semester. I'm glad I got a head start on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment