Thursday, January 5, 2012

After looking through even more blogs, I came across Roger Bansemer. He does many landscape paintings and is featured on a PBS television series called, "Painting &Travel with Roger & Sarah Bansemer". After looking through some of his blogs, I found that not only does he share his paintings, but he gives his feedback on what works and what doesn’t and also tips on how to make pieces better. I really enjoyed reading over his comments about his work. He mentioned that details aren't always the most important thing if everything else is strong. I would like to keep this in mind because I always go way into detail, which works for most of my paintings, but can be very time consuming. I’ve suggested detail in some of my paintings and I have found that it works well. If you’d like to see more paintings done by Roger Bansemer, the link is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment