Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Linden Frederick

After looking back at some of my work, I've realized that I enjoy painting structures with hard edges and precise object placements. I've done a couple houses and barns now and I really like painting them. When I paint, I like to get little details in my painting and make each edge a nice, crisp edge. With houses and buildings, I can do that. I like the idea of putting a story behind each building also. Just like the work of Linden Frederick. Once I realized how much I like to do buildings, I thought of his work and how mine is similar to his in a way. He builds up the story more in his paintings though and I think that's what I need to do. I can still paint my buildings and houses, I just need to create that story to make them successful in the art world. To learn more, here is a website about Linden Frederick!

"Turquoise House"

No comments:

Post a Comment